Full Stack Software Developer
Are you an entrepreneurial spirit seeking challenging work interested in being on the ground level of a growing early stage company? Are you interested in developing new mobile and computer apps that also have a social impact?
Opportunity: Full-Time plus potential equity
BOLD Guidance, Inc is an innovative startup focused on making applying to college less stressful and more efficient. BOLD Guidance simplifies applying to college with a web-based mobile and computer app. The Cleveland-based software startup keeps students on track with interactive checklists specific to each college’s application and allows counselors and parents to view their progress.
We are growing and looking for a Software Developer to join our creative and collaborative team. Our current stack consists of Ruby on Rails and PostgresSQL deployed on Heroku using git for version control.
Some of the things we're looking for:
- Bachelors Computer Science with a minimum of 3-5 years of programming experience, preferably in web-based technologies
- Contribute to product planning and create product requirements that translates into trusted software solutions
- Experience with agile, iterative, and test-driven development methods
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with performance and scalability
- Understanding of object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance. Familiarity with Postgres a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to clearly articulate design ideas, while being receptive to constructive criticism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with an on-site and remote team while meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with Heroku a plus.
- Our team will be moving very quickly so it's very important for you to be a self-starter, motivated, punctual and be able to run with a set of requirements
- At BOLD Guidance, we value integrity, capacity to learn quickly, reliability, adaptability, persistence, problem-solving, commitment to excellence, team orientation balanced with independence, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- BOLD Guidance is an equal opportunity employer.
- Flexibility in schedule and work location may be considered.
- Qualified candidates may submit their resume, github or linkedin profile, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.